Volkshotel is a place for single mums, dandies, artists and night owls. A place where there’s life 24/7 and creativity flows. In Volkshotel, locals and travellers gather to eat, drink, work, sleep and play. With Werkplaats (café & co-working spaces), Doka (nightly basement cocktail bar), Canvas (club & restaurant on the 7th floor), Broedplaats VKG (85 work spaces for creative minds) and 172 hotel rooms, this former newspaper building is more than just a place for tourists to sleep. The reasonable prices and easy-going vibe make Volkshotel a place for everyone.
Volkshotel is a place to rest, or not sleep at all. Where nothing is standard, not even our standard room. Take a room perfect for one, or big enough for all. Be invisible or visible. Drink cocktails or tea. From basement to rooftop, whatever the reason, we’ve got you covered.
You’re an important face as General Cleaner for Volkshotel. You will take care of all the public spaces and hotel rooms. You’ll make sure that everything will be spic and span. All looking clean and dust free. You’ll be part of our Housekeeping team and be controlled by the Housekeeping Manager.
- Clean hotel rooms and public spaces;
- Cleaning furnitures and corridors;
- Vacuum rooms and cleaning bathrooms;
- Signalising technical defects in hotel rooms and public areas;
- The storage and disposal or removal of waste and debris;
- Undertake regular deep cleaning tasks;
- Responsible for transporting dirty and clean linen;
What do we ask?
- Speak and understand English or Dutch;
- Flexible work ethic;
- You’re a team player with excellent leadership skills;
- Willing to work nightshifts;
- Proactive approach to work;
- Having a strong attention to detail, organisational skills, and an obsession with cleanliness;
- You like everything to be spic and span;
- Living in Amsterdam or nearby;
- Experienced with leaning hotel rooms;
- You like to be part of an unique team;
What do we offer?
- Salary based on Horeca CAO (referencefunction T.3.I schaal 3 €1677 – €1932 per month)
- Informal atmosphere and inspiring work environment, including young and enthusiastic colleagues;
- Guest list for all the events in Volkshotel;
- Daily lunch;
- Free yoga in Volkshotel;
Should you be interested in this position, then please send your CV and Motivation letter to: email@example.com
Acquisition on the occasion of this advertisement is not appreciated