For ten nights, from the 14th of april (excluding school & bank holidays), Doka will transform into a music production studio. Get hands-on experience, learn about collaborating with other producers and traditional musicians under the wing of experienced artists/producers. Including two 1-on-1-sessions with producers from the Broedplaats in the basement of the Volkshotel with the likes of: San Proper, Tom Trago, Masalo & Kamma, Cinnaman, Darling, Tracey, Lauhaus, Marco Spaventi and many more…
The program is refined at the beginning of each 10-week-sessions together with the participants. Sessions begins with a classical concept, an idea, or a theme, and segues into a group practice session where we will create/record/perform in small groups, and listen to the results altogether afterwards. The sessions are hands on, and geared towards the practice of electronic music production, recording, mixing, and live performance.
At the end of the course, we organize a public live performance event where we present the music in front of a real audience in ‘Doka Studio’.
Need to know
- Sessions are given in Ableton Live
- Group of max 10 participants
- Tuesdays from 19:00 till 22:00
- 10 sessions on Tuesday starting 14th of april*
- 2x one on one sessions with producers from the broedplaats
- Need to bring a laptop with Ableton Live installed to each session**
- A pair of headphones
- A midi controller.
**Ableton Live discount for participants
*No lessons on these dates:
Course includes these topics, from beginner to advanced levels
- The clip (audio-midi)
- The session view, the arrangement view
- Audio/MIDI plugins and instruments.
- Live performance
- Acoustic instruments recordings
- Sampling, (making a track with a single sample)
- Producing in groups (up to 4)
- Synthesis (substractive, FM, etc.)
- Generative music
- Parallel processing/custom instrument and effects creation
- Max for live effects and instruments
- Working with hardware
About Julien Chaptal
Julien has a background in teaching music and producing that goes back 15 years. He’s currently teaching at the Conservatorium in Haarlem and at the School of House in Amsterdam.
“After 15 years of teaching Ableton Live and music production, I have noticed that students learn the most by jamming, and collaborating with others in the studio. ‘Doka Studio’ is a perfect location for production, performance, and listening sessions, and so I aim to make full use of the space to let everyone’s creative juices flow.”
Julien has helped with transforming Doka to a true Sound-bar. Read more about it here
Full Biography found on Resident Advisor can be found here
500,- (incl VAT) for the complete 10 sessions course. Payment by invoice, before the start of the course.
If you want to attend these sessions or need more information, please send an email to email@example.com before 7th of april.