Werther you’re an experienced zen-master or not yet convinced about the benefits of meditation. You can join in whenever you want, The Breathing App will help you find your focus and guide you through your meditation.
How does it work?
- Step away from your laptop and put your phone on silent
- Enter Work Cabin 3 and press play on the iPad.
- By swiping left or right you can choose between a few different screens:
- A breathing ball, that gets larger to cue your inhale, and smaller to cue the exhale;
- A clock, that counts up on the inhale, and down on the exhale;
- Musical cues, for those who wish to breathe with their eyes closed.
- Grab one of the meditation cushions and make yourself comfortable.
- If the loop is over, all you need to do is press play again.
The Breathing App is inspired by resonance, the scientific name that describes what happens when our heart rate, heart rate variability, blood pressure, and brainwave function come into a coherent frequency. It occurs spontaneously when we breathe at a rate of six breaths per minute (instead of our usual 15-18), and is the rate of breathing that Buddhist monks and Yogis naturally enter into while meditating. The app was created by Eddie Stern, Deepak Chopra, Sergey Varichev and Moby.
Need some guidance? Join one of our guided live meditations. Drop by the reception desk or our Facebook event for more info.
Opening hours: 08:00 – 22:00 daily