Volkshotel in short
Volkshotel is a place for single mums, dandies, artists and night owls. A place where there’s life 24/7 and creativity flows. In Volkshotel, locals and travellers gather to eat, drink, work, sleep and play. With Werkplaats (café & co-working spaces), Doka (nightly basement soundbar), Canvas (restaurant on the 7th floor), Broedplaats VKG (85 work spaces for creative minds) and 172 hotel rooms, this former newspaper building is more than just a place for tourists to sleep. The reasonable prices and easy-going vibe make Volkshotel a place for everyone.
Volkshotel is located in the former head quarter of Dutch newspaper De Volkskrant. The newspaper past is incorporated into the architecture and interior of the building. Architect Steven Steenbruggen kept the exterior as close to the original sixties design as possible. Interior Design Studio Müller van Tol created an interior with magnified newspaper cut outs and original elements of steel, wood, concrete and glass. With nine special rooms – designed by creative minds, ranging from interior designers in Broedplaats VKG to Canvas’ very own loo attendant – Volkshotel is complete.
Double rooms available from €69,- a night, including all taxes, excluding breakfast.
- All different functions of Volkshotel
- Architecture & Interior
- Special Rooms
- Broedplaats VKG (Creative Workspaces)
- If you publish about Volkshotel, feel free to use our selected images. Please give our photographers the credits they deserve by adding their names to the publication. Thanks! View & download images.
- A short impression on everything what’s happening inside our building. Please feel free to embed it on your website.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.